In the Healthcare space, collecting Providers details is very import. Relying entirely on the on inputs from Patients or an authorized person may not be accurate and cause downstream data correction work and hence unnecessary delays.
All Providers register with the CMS’ National CMS National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES). CMS in turn provides the lookup service based on federal law (45 CFR Part 162) and can be accessed at https://npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov/search.
- Salesforce – Communities, Lightning Experience (to be released soon)
- Realtime lookup of NPI data
- More and accurate information can input my Patients
- Realtime insertion of NPI data into registration forms and database for further processing and storage
- Accurate data entered, helping productivity due to reduced errors